Thu, Jan 14|
Online Video Submissions
Virtual Auditions: BKLYN The Musical
Auditions, Rehearsals, and Performances are Virtual
Time & Location
Jan 14, 2021, 7:00 PM – Jan 21, 2021, 11:59 PM
Online Video Submissions
About the event
BKLYN The Musical is a story within a story. On the outside you have a troupe of street performers who are sharing a story from their lives, using it to help you see them as people too. Then there is the story they tell – the story of a young girl who comes to the U.S. to find the father she never knew. Together these stories create a show that is both touching and inspiring, drawing the audience into a live theater experience to remember. This show has been reworked so BKLYN can be rehearsed and performed from the safety of your own home using Zoom and the streaming platform Show Ready.
Director: TJ Lukacsina (he/him)
Music Director: Paige Rammelkamp (she/her)
Choreographer: Rikki Lacewell (she/her)
Producer: Rebecca Hanauer (she/her)
Executive Producer: Jeremy Goldman (he/him)
We are searching for a diverse and talented cast who can provide engaging performances on camera. All submissions will be considered.
All ages, sizes, ethnicities, and gender identities are encouraged to audition.
Submission Deadline is January 21st, 11:59 PM
Please submit the following in an email to: BKLYN@SilhouetteStages.com
- Your Name
- Character(s) you would like to be considered for casting
- Attach your Theatrical/Film resume
- General location (City, State)
- Major conflicts between Feb 14th – May 10th.
- A link to a video of you singing a song in the style of the show that shows off your vocal range and acting abilities. 32 bars minimum or at least 30 seconds long. No A Capella auditions please.
Should Callbacks be needed, we will email you after 1/14/21 with information, materials and be looking for a timely response for a reply video.
- Rehearsals will begin mid-February, entirely on Zoom, Tuesday/Thursday evenings and the possibility of a weekend rehearsal time. Times are flexible to best fit the cast and production team’s availability.
- Virtual Performances of a pre-recorded show from June 4th to June 13th.
- All questions can be sent to BKLYN@SilhouetteStages.com, please allow 24 hours for a response.
All potential performers must have a laptop or smart phone with a camera and a stable, high speed internet connection. The device must also be able to record.
(Vocal Range Guide available)
BROOKLYN – Identifying as Female
A famous young Parisian that comes to America to search for the Father she never knew
FAITH – Identifying as Female
Brooklyn’s mother; a dancer
STREET SINGER – Identifying as Male
A street performer that plays a rusty, old crowbar
TAYLOR COLLINS – Identifying as Male
A young singer from Brooklyn in 1969 Paris; Brooklyn’s father. Plays the Guitar on stage.
PARADICE – Identifying as Female
The “Reigning Diva of the Decade” who challenges Brooklyn to a “Battle of the Divas” at Madison Square Garden.
THE CITY WEEDS – No gender specifications Act as the ensemble of the show.